“Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” – Jim Bishop
Winter welcomes the holiday season and falling snow. Spring brings the promise of new possibilities. Summer envelopes us in warmth and sunshine.
But there is just something about fall… the excitement of back-to-school, backyard bonfires with friends and family, leaf-peeping, crisp cool nights and big sweaters, warm apple cider, and pie, picking out the perfect pumpkin, creating that unforgettable Thanksgiving meal… we could go on and on. Georgia does fall right!
Don’t miss out on the best of what Serenbe and the Chattahoochee Hills communities have to offer for the Fall 2021 season:
- Prost! No need to fly all the way to Germany to experience Oktoberfest… from September 30 to October 3, Cochran Mill Brewing is bringing Oktoberfest local. Enjoy live music all weekend, food trucks with bezel and other culinary delights, and special release beers.
- Now through December, our friends at The General Store at Serenbe are offering the loveliest way to finish off an afternoon bike ride or kick-off a Saturday evening out with friends: from 4- 5 p.m. taste wine from around the globe paired with small bites and tasting notes for just $35 per person.
- Don’t mind a 30-minute drive for a full day of fun Fall festivities? Then make your way down the 5 to Ole McDermott’s Farm in Carrollton. For just $13 admission (must purchase tickets online in advance), enjoy a perfect day exploring their petting zoo, touring the property on a hayride, picking out the perfect pumpkin, and getting lost in Farmer Kenny’s Corn Maze. Add to that a music wall, duck races, and slides, and your family-friendly day will be complete!
- Each season we highlight the more than 15 miles of trails in Serenbe and local hiking gems in Chattahoochee National Forest — and for good reason. There is always something new to see, explore and experience. Take a day to slow down, enjoy the beautiful fall foliage, and reconnect with nature. Intermediate hikers can challenge themselves on the 5.7-mile Yellow Trail up to Henry Mills Falls, while those more interested in a casual stroll might want to consider the Red Oak Loop along the Chattahoochee River in Boundary Waters Park.
- Rumor has it that this year’s Serenbe Showhouse is the most dramatic yet! Featuring 12 of Atlanta’s top interior designers and 3,500-square-feet of custom finishes, this Rausch Ridge home is a must-see. Tours will be available October 15 – November 7 and tickets can be purchased here.
- Live performances at the Terminus Modern Ballet Theatre return for three weekends in October. This outdoor celebration of dance under the sky is not to be missed. Get your tickets now; they will go quickly.
- Prep for those extra few winter cookie pounds that are bound to creep up come December by signing up today for the November 6th Serenbe 5K and 15K Trail Race! You won’t want to miss this chance to explore the beautiful Chattahoochee countryside as the course takes runners through preserved woods and spectacular scenery.
There is so much to see and explore in Serenbe and the surrounding communities this fall. Get out and enjoy the sound of crunchy leaves beneath your feet, fresh air, and all things pumpkin spice before Winter is upon us!