It is no secret that spending time outside rejuvenates the mind, inspires creativity, and increases productivity.
Responding to COVID-19, all sorts of businesses were challenged to rethink their outdoor spaces. Restaurants found innovative ways to turn sidewalks and parking lots into dining spaces, and many traditional offices upgraded their patios to serve as outdoor conference areas.
Luckily, Stone Cottage has always considered our outdoor spaces prime real estate for formal and informal meetings and connection points. We have numerous outdoor and hybrid options available that can be utilized in a variety of ways to energize your retreat or meeting.
A few possibilities:
- The beautiful lower-level covered patio with flagstone flooring runs the length of the stone cottage and is an ideal location for shaded meetings, lunches, evening dinners, or a place to gather for end-of-day cocktails and a cigar. Two outdoor fans keep the air moving and the space cool in the summer months, and heaters keep everyone warm for the chillier fall and winter months.
- Interested in bringing a guest speaker to your meeting? Have them come for an evening fireside chat around the grand firepit — a great alternative to the typical morning presentation, speaking from the front of a conference room. We’ll supply the s’mores, Scotch and wine, and your team can provide meaningful and productive conversations.
- With easy access from both conference rooms at Stone Cottage, the shared breezeway and upper deck can be utilized for outdoor meals or set for a cocktail reception. This space is perfect for gathering and celebrating. Let us bring in a culinary mastermind to cook and serve locally grown produce and meat, as you and your team enjoy the beauty of the property and the Serenbe fresh air. You will forget that you are just 30-minutes from buzzing Atlanta.
- Both of our boardrooms have floor-to-ceiling glass windows allowing an abundance of natural light to fill the space. With easy access to each wing’s amenities (bathrooms, kitchens, communal spaces), these rooms are a perfect location for working meetings with the technology to ensure streamlined presentations and interactive sessions right at your fingertips.
On top of what we have to offer on-site at Stone Cottage, the entire hamlet of Serenbe is a haven for outdoor activity. Serenbe is a community focused on wellbeing, with a deep connection to the outdoors, that cultivates a connection between its visitors and nature. Miles of nature trails, equestrian stables, and organic farms are waiting to be explored.
“I go to nature every day for inspiration in the day’s work.” — Frank Lloyd Wright
Not convinced yet?
Scientific studies on the benefits of working outside speak for themselves:
- Walking among trees is shown to increase short-term memory by 20% and can boost creative problem-solving skills by 60%.
- Studies show exposure to nature can improve feelings of trust, community, and goodwill among teammates.
- Outdoor air quality is up to 10 times less toxic than indoor air.
As the weather begins to warm back up, and COVID restrictions lessen, we hope you will consider Stone Cottage for your outdoor-inspired executive retreat. Let us curate an unforgettable experience for your leadership team.
Note: Looking for ideas on how to implement outdoor working at your office as well? Get out from behind that desk and get outside. L.L. Bean published a handbook with suggestions for companies who are interested in exploring work outside options. Check it out: L.L. Bean – Be an Outsider at work Handbook.
“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” –Albert Einstein