The sweet smell of Georgia jasmine fills the air, the days are getting longer and warmer, and you can feel the excitement of spring building after a long year of social distancing and restricted celebration. While many of Serenbe’s famed spring functions, like May Day, are postponed until 2022 due to COVID-19, there is still plenty of this beautiful town on the verge of blooming, just waiting to be explored.
“Spring adds new life and new joy to all that is.” — Jessica Harrelson
Here’s a roundup of upcoming activities:
- On Saturday, March 6 we welcomed back the beloved Farmer’s Market, hosted weekly from 9 a.m. to noon on Selborne Green. A variety of local artisan and health-food vendors set up shop in the market each week, eager to provide the best produce, meats, prepared foods, and artisan goods around. Please note: Masks and social distancing are required from 9-10 a.m. and highly encouraged for the remainder of the morning as we all work together to beat this pandemic.
- Serenbe Farms, a certified organic farm in Chattahoochee Hill Country, has all your spring grilling ingredients ready for pick-up each Friday at their drive-through Farm Stand, open from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Follow them on Instagram at @serenbefarms for updates each week on produce availability.
- Art is back with AIR Serenbe Art Over Dinner featuring four-time James Beard Award nominee and one-time winner, John Kessler on Sunday, March 21. Join John virtually from his kitchen to learn masterful cooking tips, engage in live conversation and learn the art of cooking a delicious spring meal. Purchase tickets, stay up-to-date on future events and learn about the 2021 resident artists program by visiting AIR Serenbe.
- Goat yoga – need we say more? If you have yet to experience this joyful combination of outdoor yoga and sweet barnyard dwarf goats, sign up immediately to participate in one of the weekly Saturday or Sunday classes offered through Serenbe Yoga & Bodyworks at The Inn at Serenbe Animal Village. This will be a day you won’t soon forget.
- Bird enthusiasts need to save the date to join Georgia Audubon on April 25 for a morning guided bird walk exploring Serenbe’s natural habitat in search of local, diverse bird species. Secure your spot before this limited access event is full!
- Spice up your Tuesdays at pop-up Ramen Night with Chef Nic at Serenbe’s newest restaurant Halsa! Specializing in local, sophisticated, veggie-forward cuisine, this is a meal you will enjoy AND feel good about.
If you wake up one beautiful morning and realize you have an entirely open and unplanned afternoon ahead, we encourage you to build your own spring experience. Set out to explore the more than 15 miles of nature trails. Did you know that 70% of the landscaping in Serenbe is edible? If you don’t fill up on trailside blueberries, pop into one of Serenbe’s many eateries featuring local produce and delivering the freshest, most delicious of meals. Treat yourself to an afternoon at the Spa or explore Serenbe Real Estate’s open houses. Whatever your whim, Serenbe has the answer.
Continue to check the Serenbe calendar as additional events at the playhouse, specialty dinners at The Farmhouse, outdoor concerts, and local festivals return. We look forward to seeing you in Serenbe this Spring!